Every year as we set our annual budget, we identify the product projects we want to tackle in the year ahead to ensure that we have the resources to make our development goals a reality. As we near the end of 2014 and begin planning our 2015 product RoadMap, we’d love to hear from you. Read through the project ideas below and then complete the survey at the end of the post!
In 2013, we asked users what projects were important to their churches, and, overwhelmingly, we received the most feedback around:
- InFellowship Registration – rework the congregant experience to be more user friendly and intuitive when filling out a form.
- iPad Check-in – update the check-in experience to work on an iPad.
- Share Reports – share a copy of a saved report with one or more other staff.
- InFellowship Mobile Giving – make it easy to give online with a smart phone.
We’re happy to report that all of these have either already been completed in 2014 or are in production now.
Some of the development projects we’re considering for inclusion in 2015 include:
- Account NOT Required – remove the need for a congregant to create an account when giving or registering for an event through InFellowship. We would still require name and contact info.
- InFellowship Mobile – rework all of InFellowship to be mobile friendly on smart phones and tablets. Giving is already a priority for 2014; this project would include registration, small groups, profile, and church directory.
- Workflow Automation - build workflows with due dates, assignments, and automation such as email and status change. This would replace the current contact workflow while extending the capabilities to provide assimilation solutions.
- Universal Notes – use a common note type everywhere we collect notes including small groups, volunteer pipeline, and registration; this will centralize all notes while retaining context for their entry into the system.
- InFellowship Multilingual – provide language options for all of InFellowship.
- InFellowship Find an Event – enable congregational search among events available at the church.
- InFellowship Volunteer Management – build automated reminders to volunteers with the ability to view upcoming expectations and communicate known absences.
- Resource Management – tightly integrate our events and resource management solution through the ServiceU product
- Subscription List – enable the creation of email lists your congregant can subscribe and unsubscribe from.
- Registration Power Questions - add the ability to incorporate stored values in the individual record directly into the form. (This would allow you to ask an question on a form and the answer would update the individual record with the attribute, notes, emergency contact, attributes, etc. This project picks up after we have ported registration over to the new InFellowship (active project).
- Portal Lite – allow a church-controlled set of capabilities to be extend to trusted volunteers who are in the trenches with your congregation, including small group leaders, deacons, hospital ministry, etc.
- Short Term Missions – enable mission set up with financial goals, links for raising money, and oversight/tools to manage it.
- Extend App Store – a focused effort to extend the capability 3rd parties have to build bigger and better solutions. If you aren’t aware of our app store, check it out under the Admin tab Integration>Applications.
These are just some of the projects we’re considering, but we want to know what’s important to you and your ministry team. The results will be one of several inputs we use to form our product Roadmap strategy for 2015.
Complete the Survey
We ask that you complete this survey by end of day on Friday, August 29th.
We’re improving the way you create and manage activities in Fellowship One!
Knowing the challenge that users face when creating new activities, our team set out to create a workflow that would provide guidance and clarify activity settings. We also took a look at the data and actions you need to have easy access to when managing your activities and we’ve made improvements there as well! Continue reading «A New Activity Workflow»
This month we had our Q3 2014 Product Webinar for Fellowship One. We shared some great news regarding the ACTIVE Network global headquarters relocation to Dallas, TX as well as the introduction of two new team members on our Product Management team:
- Greg Crow – Senior Product Manager
- Thomas Leong – F1 Product Manager
You’ll find the recording of the product RoadMap portion of the webinar below along with the Q&A document of the questions asked by attendees.
Q3 2014 Product Webinar – Q&A (coming soon)
THANK YOU to those of you who have provided feedback on the F1 Contributions App. We’re excited to release version 3.1 soon. In this release, we focused on improvements to reduce common errors and we’re introducing a new feature we think will excite you: batched check scanning.
Continue reading «Updates to the Contributions App»
Sharing reports is by far the most most often requested enhancement for reporting. Being able to define a report and pass it along to another member of your team gives our F1 Champions, or anyone else with reporting chops, the ability to help others leverage the value found in our very powerful, reporting tool.
Sharing a reports is simple!
- Open a report
- Select the desired filters
- Choose “Send a Copy” from the top right menu
Most Churches understand the importance of effective, creative, and timely communication with their members and visitors. What we sometimes struggle with is how to make that happen. There’s a lot going on in the world around us and keeping different groups feeling connected can be a challenge. Effective communication plays a key role in helping you stay tapped-in and create a healthy community. That’s why we’ve partnered with Mercury Flight to provide broadcast messaging that is simple, affordable, and best of all… integrated with Fellowship One!
Now you can call, text, or email hundreds (or thousands) or people in seconds, It’s the most effective tool available for improving communication with your congregation and positively impacting lives. With the combined power of Fellowship One and Mercury Flight, you can:
- Increase attendance
- Increase giving
- Connect with new visitors
- Communicate with volunteers
- Promote special groups and events
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register your church with Mercury Flight.
- Log into F1 and grant access to Mercury Flight from Admin Menu by selecting Integration › Applications.
- Start Communicating!
Setting up a campaign is easy! Write your Message, Select your F1 Group and you’re done!
After an extended period of product and company transition, we launched quarterly product updates for our church partners. In that inaugural Product Webinar, I spoke about our journey and Fellowship One’s product manager, Curtis Harris discussed how we are returning to our “iterative roots.” We are getting back into the rhythm of releasing incremental product features often, rather than holding back valuable functionality while waiting for a “complete” package.
Continue reading «Kingsley Allen on ACTIVE Faith – June 2014»
I’m happy to say that we recently released an enhanced version of the F1Touch iPhone app to leverage the latest iOS. We didn’t make many changes to the look or the features available, but you will notice better performance on your updated operating system. This update is now available in the App Store.
Continue reading «F1 Touch Update Available»
We’ve had almost 200 churches become part of the Activity Workflow beta and we’re adding more daily. More churches asked to join the beta than we expected, giving us the opportunity to monitor the system and ensure stability with the higher number of beta activations going into the system. We are all caught up and able to handle more. Fill out this online form if you want to join this group and get a hands on look at what we’re working on.
Continue reading «Activity Workflow – Beta Update»
Now you can quickly update gender from the household edit screen. This is something that many Fellowship One users have asked for, and will provide value for those entering and editing individual records.
Continue reading «Mass Edit Household Members»