Every year as we set our annual budget, we identify the product projects we want to tackle in the year ahead to ensure that we have the resources to make our development goals a reality. As we near the end of 2014 and begin planning our 2015 product RoadMap, we’d love to hear from you. Read through the project ideas below and then complete the survey at the end of the post!
In 2013, we asked users what projects were important to their churches, and, overwhelmingly, we received the most feedback around:
- InFellowship Registration – rework the congregant experience to be more user friendly and intuitive when filling out a form.
- iPad Check-in – update the check-in experience to work on an iPad.
- Share Reports – share a copy of a saved report with one or more other staff.
- InFellowship Mobile Giving – make it easy to give online with a smart phone.
We’re happy to report that all of these have either already been completed in 2014 or are in production now.
Some of the development projects we’re considering for inclusion in 2015 include:
- Account NOT Required – remove the need for a congregant to create an account when giving or registering for an event through InFellowship. We would still require name and contact info.
- InFellowship Mobile – rework all of InFellowship to be mobile friendly on smart phones and tablets. Giving is already a priority for 2014; this project would include registration, small groups, profile, and church directory.
- Workflow Automation – build workflows with due dates, assignments, and automation such as email and status change. This would replace the current contact workflow while extending the capabilities to provide assimilation solutions.
- Universal Notes – use a common note type everywhere we collect notes including small groups, volunteer pipeline, and registration; this will centralize all notes while retaining context for their entry into the system.
- InFellowship Multilingual – provide language options for all of InFellowship.
- InFellowship Find an Event – enable congregational search among events available at the church.
- InFellowship Volunteer Management – build automated reminders to volunteers with the ability to view upcoming expectations and communicate known absences.
- Resource Management – tightly integrate our events and resource management solution through the ServiceU product
- Subscription List – enable the creation of email lists your congregant can subscribe and unsubscribe from.
- Registration Power Questions – add the ability to incorporate stored values in the individual record directly into the form. (This would allow you to ask an question on a form and the answer would update the individual record with the attribute, notes, emergency contact, attributes, etc. This project picks up after we have ported registration over to the new InFellowship (active project).
- Portal Lite – allow a church-controlled set of capabilities to be extend to trusted volunteers who are in the trenches with your congregation, including small group leaders, deacons, hospital ministry, etc.
- Short Term Missions – enable mission set up with financial goals, links for raising money, and oversight/tools to manage it.
- Extend App Store – a focused effort to extend the capability 3rd parties have to build bigger and better solutions. If you aren’t aware of our app store, check it out under the Admin tab Integration>Applications.
These are just some of the projects we’re considering, but we want to know what’s important to you and your ministry team. The results will be one of several inputs we use to form our product Roadmap strategy for 2015.
We ask that you complete this survey by end of day on Friday, August 29th.